Calderdale Yoga Centre
Pregnancy Yoga and Birth Preparation Weekend Workshop
This weekend workshop combines pregnancy yoga with birth preparation sessions. Two of each guided pregnancy yoga, meditation and relaxation sessions are provided alongside four in-depth antenatal, postnatal education and birth preparation classes.
Emphasis is placed on promoting and supporting normality, irrelevant of where you may give birth. Alongside traditional antenatal education, participants will learn a wealth of tools and natural coping techniques, including Rebozo, to ensure a positive birth experience.
This workshop is recommended for pregnant women and their birth companions wishing to find out more about alternative coping techniques for labour, gain an understanding of the process of labour and prepare their minds and bodies for birth.
No further antenatal classes required!
No previous yoga experience required!
The Calderdale Yoga Centre is located in Hebden Bridge, a delightfully quirky town in the heart of the Pennines, West Yorkshire. It provides a beautiful practice and workshop space with a semi-sprung varnished pine floor. There’s ample space for parents- and birth partners-to-be to move around, exploring asana, active birth positions and Rebozo techniques to thoroughly prepare them for labour and birth.
What the Workshop Includes:
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Morning guided pregnancy yoga, pranayama and meditation classes
- Light, healthy breakfast
- Four comprehensive antenatal parent education workshops covering:
- Pregnancy changes and expectations, yoga techniques to prepare your mind and body for labour and birth
- Understanding the process of labour. Normal and medically assisted labour and birth and your birthing mindset
- Coping with labour and contractions, including the benefits of Rebozo
- The postnatal period. Feeding and caring for your baby.
- Daily yoga nidra (relaxation) session
- Pregnancy yoga and birth preparation manual. This manual includes an overview of each workshop, pranayama and mediation techniques, yoga asanas for each trimester and the postnatal period. There are also recipes and information on Ayurveda in pregnancy and space to document your birth preferences.
26th and 27th October 2019
- £65 per person for one day
- £120 per person for both days
- 50% discount for birth companions attending both days
If you would like to find out more or book a place on a workshop, please contact us.