Nab Cottage weekend retreat provides workshops covering traditional antenatal parent education classes alongside a wealth of gentle and natural coping techniques to assist and empower mums and birth partners through pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond.
Each day starts with guided pranayama, meditation and gentle modified Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga before learning about the wonders of birth in a caring and supportive environment.
This weekend retreat is being held at the beautiful 17th century Nab Cottage, overlooking Rydal Water in the south Lake District, an area of incredible beauty. The cottage is surrounded by hills and many wonderful walks including waterfalls, caves, valleys, mountains and rivers.
Learn more about Nab Cottage.
What the Retreat Includes:
- 3 days/2 nights
- Nutritionally rich vegetarian meals using fresh and where possible, local ingredients
- Daily guided pregnancy yoga, pranayama and meditation classes
- Four comprehensive antenatal parent education workshops covering:
- Pregnancy changes and expectations, yoga techniques to prepare your mind and body for labour and birth
- Normal and medically assisted labour and birth and your birthing mindset
- Coping with labour and contractions, including the benefits of Rebozo
- Feeding and caring for your baby. No further antenatal classes needed!
- Daily yoga nidra (relaxation) session
- Pregnancy yoga and birth preparation manual. This manual includes pranayama and mediation techniques, yoga asanas for each trimester and the postnatal period, as well as recipes and information on Ayurveda in pregnancy. There is also space to document your birth preferences
Outline of Timetable:
Arrive from 5:00 p.m. on Friday evening. You will have a welcome session and a short yoga practice before enjoying dinner together.
Each day will begin with pranayama and meditation, followed by a pregnancy specific modified Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga practice taking you up to a well-earned nutritious breakfast. Following a brief rest, we will begin the birth preparation workshop. After the workshop, you will have lunch and a yoga nidra session before the afternoon workshop.
27th-29th September 2019
Accommodation and Reservations:
Accommodation is in comfortable twin or double rooms (8 available), and 2 single rooms, with most having their own private bathroom. All rooms are individually furnished with beautiful views.
- Double room with shared bathroom: £300
- Twin room with shared bathroom: £300
- Single room with shared bathroom: £330
- Double room with en suite: £330
- Twin room with en suite: £330
- Single room with en suite: £360
If you would like to find out more or book a place on a retreat, please contact us.